Simple Wisdom Tip #22: The Importance of People Skills

A lot of people downplay the importance of having and using good people skills.  However, some years ago, a Stanford Research Institute and Harvard University study found that technical abilities and knowledge account for 15% of an individual’s suitability for employment. The remaining 85% of work success has to do with their ‘people’ skills.

How are your people skills on a scale of 1-10 (10 being high)?  Most of us overestimate our skills in this area.  If you rate yourself say, a 6, what would it take for you to get to an 8?  All of us would benefit from improving our people skills.  Why not make a plan to raise your self-assessment by two points?  It will enhance your relationships and your life.

Write a comment

Comments: 0