All kinds of studies tout the benefits of physical exercise. It is clearly one of the very best things one can do to enhance his or her health – both physical and mental. Here are
some of the benefits of regular exercise:
- Prevents and lessens the chances of disease
- Improves quality of sleep
- Enhances the ability of cope with stress
- Protects against various kinds of injuries
- Increases energy level
- Improves mental attitude and sharpness
- Promotes healthy posture
- Enhances self image
- Guards again digestive disorders
- Increases longevity
- Improves sexual performance
Wow! If these kinds of benefits can be gained through regular exercise, why do so few of us do it? Lack of willpower? Lack of motivation? Don’t know how to get started? Here are a few ideas to make it happen:
- Start small – for example, commit to exercising aerobically three times a week. Forget about doing something seven days a week. It won’t happen.
- Keep track – find some simple way to track your progress such as creating a chart, using a wall calendar, etc.
- Give another person permission to hold you accountable, preferably not your spouse.
Need some help getting started? Let us know.